Saturday, January 17, 2015

Learning Hack of Today: Affirmations

Affirmations give your brain a pep talk. Affirmations are positive sayings that we repeat either aloud or silently.. Affirmations are said in the first person (I) and the present tense (now). For instance, here are some affirmations. "I weigh a healthy 124 pounds." or "I feel great about myself." "I excel." Even if the affirmation does not seem true. Perhaps you are twenty pounds overweight. Despite this, tell yourself that you are at your goal weight now. Your subconscious will believe you and start to make your goal weight a reality. I have cured my insomnia with affirmations. I just kept telling myself that I fall asleep easily and I wake up feeling refreshed. It worked. Sometimes I need an emotional pick up. Then I sing the lyrics to the “Mary Tyler Moor Show” with a few changes in the lyrics. This is how I sing the words. "I can turn the world on with a smile. I can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile. I am a great one and I know it. With each glance and every little movement, I show it." These lyrics really help me get through the day. Note that I changed them to first person and present tense. That is very important. Super Learning which has helped many people learn faster and easier, includes the use of affirmations The Super Learning books and tapes ask that you repeat: "I think clearly and concentrate easily. Learning and remembering are easy for me." Go ahead and say it again and again. Repetition is important. Say affirmations when you wake up in the morning, while exercising and while eating. Say them before you go to bed each night. Your assignment is to find some affirmations that work for you. Write them down and repeat them over and over until they become reality. When you have mastered on belief and made it a reality work on new affirmations. They are the prayers, your subconscious answers. Amazon Big Game Sweepstakes - Enter Now

No comments:

Post a Comment